Saturday, September 18, 2010

Getting Started

I have been thinking about creating this blog for a long time.  I became a vegan about two years ago after slowly transitioning to veganism for about a year before that.  Three months later I was pregnant and craving first eggs and then chicken...  Well, let's just say that the veganism went out the window.  Now, after delivering a healthy baby and breastfeeding for 10 months (I'm still breastfeeding but it's slowed down enough that my diet's feeling back to normal), I feel like I'm in a place to move back to veganism. 

But I'm worried.  I have struggled with food in many ways for a long time.  I have a tendency to overeat junk food and while my meals are very healthy, overall my diet is haphazard. 

I have read books and blogs, listened to podcasts and found that there are few places for people like me.  People who want to be vegan, but don't find it as easy as those who, "Changed my diet overnight and never looked back."  I struggle with cravings, wanting meat or other animal stuff.  I struggle with fears about my health.  And I struggle with trying to cook for a myself and non-vegan husband and to create the healthiest diet for my growing baby.

In this blog I hope to openly discuss these struggles and the solutions and research that I find to them.  I also plan to post vegan recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment